Noragami (ノラガミ, Noragami, lit. "Stray God") is the anime adaptation of the manga of the same name written by Adachitoka. It is produced by Studio Bones and contains two seasons for a total of 25 episodes, with two additional OVAs for each season.
In times of need, if you look in the right place, you just may see a strange telephone number scrawled in red. If you call this number, you will hear a young man introduce himself as the Yato God.
Yato is a minor deity and a self-proclaimed "Delivery God," who dreams of having millions of worshippers. Without a single shrine dedicated to his name, however, his goals are far from being realized. He spends his days doing odd jobs for five yen apiece, until his weapon partner becomes fed up with her useless master and deserts him.
Just as things seem to be looking grim for the god, his fortune changes when a middle school girl, Hiyori Iki, supposedly saves Yato from a car accident, taking the hit for him. Remarkably, she survives, but the event has caused her soul to become loose and hence able to leave her body. Hiyori demands that Yato return her to normal, but upon learning that he needs a new partner to do so, reluctantly agrees to help him find one. And with Hiyori's help, Yato's luck may finally be turning around.
- Yato: Hiroshi Kamiya
- Hiyori Iki: Maaya Uchida
- Yukine: Yuki Kaji
- Kofuku: Aki Toyosaki
- Daikoku: Daisuke Ono
- Bishamonten: Miyuki Sawashiro
- Kazuma: Jun Fukuyama
- Kuraha: Kazuhiko Inoue
- Kugaha: Takanori Hoshino
- Aiha: Hisako Tōjō
- Ebisu: Ryōtarō Okiayu
- Tenjin: Tōru Ōkawa
- Mayu: Asami Imai
- Mutsumi: Mikako Komatsu
- The Stray: Rie Kugimiya
- Kōto Fujisaki: Kaito Ishikawa
- Director: Kotaro Tamura
- Series Composition: Deko Akao
- Character Design: Toshihiro Kawamoto
- Chief Animation Director: Toshihiro Kawamoto, Hideki Yamazaki
- Demon and Divine Device Design: Masahiro Sato
- Art Director: Kazuo Nagai
- Color Design: Hiroko Umezaki
- Director of Photography: Mayuko Furumoto
- Editing: Kumiko Sakamoto
- Sound Director : Minoru Yamada
- Music: Taku Iwasaki
- Sound Production: Ai Addiction
- Music Production: Avex Entertainment
- Animation Production: Bones
- Production: Noragami Production Committee
Seasons and Episodes
|Season||Episodes||Chapters Adapted||Original Air Date|
|Noragami||12||1-11||Jan 5, 2014 to Mar 23, 2014|
|Noragami Aragoto||13||12-39||Oct 3, 2015 to Dec 26, 2015|
- Opening Theme: 「Overnight Appointment (午夜の待ち合わせ)」 by Hello Sleepwalkers
- Ending Theme: 「Heart Realize (ハートリアライズ)」 by Tia
- Original Soundtrack: 「Noragami no Oto (野良神の音)」 by Taku Iwasaki
- Opening Theme: 「Kyōran Hey Kids!! (狂乱 Hey Kids!!)」 by THE ORAL CIGARETTES
- Ending Theme: 「Nirvana (ニルバナ)」 by Tia
- Original Soundtrack: 「Noragami no Oto 2 (野良神の音 2)」 by Taku Iwasaki, Kayo Konishi, Yukio Kondou, and ELECTROCUTICA
Studio Bones released a total of four OAD episodes for Noragami.
- OVA 1 was released bundled with Volume 10.
- OVA 2 was released bundled with Volume 11.
- OVA 3 was released bundled with Volume 15.
- OVA 4 was released bundled with Volume 16.
Anime Character Designs
Comment from Director Kotaro Tamura:
I fell in love with Adachitoka's spirit of service and high aspirations. I hope that this anime will be a bridge that conveys the charm of Yato and his friends to as many people as possible. May you have a chance to meet them...!
Comment from Director Deko Akao:
Comment from series composition Director Deko Akao The more you read, the more you taste. Noragami is full of depth, like the taste of dried squid, and I've done my best to deliver it to you in its original form... or, if possible, as an anime with shichimi mayonnaise. I hope you all enjoy it with a cup of sake (or something similar) in your hand.