Nayu (南喩) is one of Tenjin's current shinki. She's part of a group of four female shinki who present themselves as "The Tenjin Sisters" (now consisting of only three members).
Nayu is, like most of Tenjin's shinki, a young woman. She has shoulder length straight black hair cut in a bob, with some shorter locks resting on her forehead. Her eyes are a dark shade of pink.
Nayu is dressed in a white kimono with a red hakama over it - the common set of clothing for shrine maidens worn by Tenjin's other female shinki, as well as Tsuyu.
Some time later, when Daikoku visits various shrines to find a shinki who would agree to take part in Yukine's purification ceremony, Nayu is once again seen along with the other "Tenjin Sisters", reluctant to offer her help. She tells the others about how a friend of hers took part in one ceremony, and how she hasn't seen or heard from her since.
After Miyu blights Tenjin as she attempts cutting he wrist, Nayu takes part in performing a purification ceremony on her before her banishment.
- The character used for Nayu's true name, 南 (chosen reading unknown), means "south".
- The character added for her given name, 喩 yu, means "metaphor".
- Nayu's shinki form and alternative names as Tenjin's shinki have not been revealed.
- It's very likely that her true name reading is minami.
- Her most probable vessel name reading is 南器 nanki.