Kofuku (小福, Kofuku?), going by the "trade name" of Kofuku Ebisu (エビス小福 Ebisu Kofuku?), is a Goddess of Poverty. She goes by the cover name "Kofuku Ebisu" in order to make it seem as though she is a god of fortune.
Kofuku has the appearance of an attractive young woman of a petite figure. She has pale skin and her eyes are purple, while her hair is puffy and colored a baby pink, curling inwards at the end with a few fly-aways.
Her outfit consists of a white collared shirt with a pink checkered tie and a miniskirt with a similar pattern. This makes her look like a schoolgirl. On occasion, she wears a beige sweater over her top. She is 163.48 cm (5'4") tall.
Kofuku is known to have a bright and mischievous personality, similar to Yato. She's described as a bit of a dunce airhead; carefree and openly stating that she likes to have fun (and sometimes cause chaos). However, Daikoku keeps her from doing anything too hectic. She is very loving to those she's close to, treating Daikoku more like a companion/spouse than a servant.
Kofuku is also shown to have a serious side and isn't afraid to intimidate and challenge others regardless of who they are, as proven when she threatens Bishamonten when the safety and presence of Yato are called under question. Though she shows a personality relative to an airhead, it's shown through a plethora of interactions with Yukine and Hiyori that she is very aware of the world and the dangers that lurk out in the open.
As the Goddess of Poverty, Kofuku has always been hated and scorned, so she wasn't given a name. She was never allowed to own her own Shinki, possibly since it would augment her powers of disaster and create further destruction and chaos. However, one day while seeing Daikoku standing in a corner, Kofuku claimed it to be love at first sight and immediately claimed him as her own. At this point, he believed she should be given a proper name and named her Kofuku because she is small and cute.
Because Daikoku wanted a child of his own but couldn't have any, Kofuku adopted a shinki child named Daigo. However, they had to let Daigo go because he got hurt whenever he noticed he never aged compared to the other children. Also Daikoku was unable to answer, causing him to blight Kofuku. Eventually, Daikoku asked Yato to sever the ties between him and Daigo so he would stop blighting Kofuku. But Yato used a regular knife, so his ties were not actually cut and the couple learned to move on together. Daigo is currently being cared for by the heavens under a different name.
Kofuku put an end to the euphoric Japanese Bubble Era by accidentally conjuring up misfortune with a drunk Kokki. As a result, a furious Ebisu made her sign legal agreements banning her from Takamagahara.
Despite belonging to a "class" of nameless gods that are not worshipped, Kofuku is infamous even among the gods of the heavens, possibly due to how unusually powerful her abilities are.
- Good Luck Killerz: Kofuku has the ability to have bad omens follow her, causing people to lose jobs or make bad accidents happen. This ability has a direct influence on the people around her, even affecting gods and regalias. Kofuku's ability to destroy good luck is even noted to completely negate the immense Good Fortune of the Seven Gods of Fortune; as seen where Ōkuninushi and Ebisu themselves are helpless to defend themselves from her misfortune. Kofuku herself was implied to be powerful enough to defeat Bishamonten.
- Vent Opening: Kofuku can open vents - concentrated masses of gloom that attract Phantoms and make openings to go the Underworld. To do this, she uses her Shinki and shouts "Bore!". However, despite her immense power to open vents repeatedly. It's been shown that Kofuku's ability to open them can be easily negated by Izanami, as she is the ruler of the Underworld.
- Vent Prediction: She is able to predict where vents are going to appear at some point in the future. This ability comes to her naturally, without any need for some sort of divination ceremony. It isn't clear whether this ability is actual precognition or rather just her ability to spread misfortune that causes the vents to open where she guesses they would.
- The name "Kofuku" (小福) means "small fortune".
- The traditional depiction of binbougami shows them as bony, bald old men; making Kofuku an out of the ordinary binbougami in appearance as well.
- Kofuku, along with Daikoku, sung the song Ai wa Yaoyorozu.
- She is perhaps one of, if not the only person who has never hit or gotten angry at Yato or his antics.
- Sleeps with Daikoku
- Kofuku is fond of creating nicknames, such as "Yatty" for Yato, "Hiyorin" for Hiyori, "Yukki" for Yukine, "Bisha" for Bishamonten and "Ebi" for Ebisu.